We are currently recruiting for Project Managers with Financial Services/Banking experience. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience for more junior roles and 10 for the more senior positions available. Our client is offering between 80 And 100k, 20% bonus and a very generous RSP plan depending on experience levels. PM’s must have Financial Services experience and great interpersonal skills, with strong relationship management abilities.
Project Managers apply their expertise to oversee and monitor business and technology projects in a fast paced environment from initiation to implementation and closeout, ensuring time to market timelines and disciplined adherence to projects’ business objectives, budget and risk controls. They apply best project management practices in working with technology and professional services vendors, following waterfall or agile project methodologies, and participating in the on-going improvement of project management processes. They will lead teams within a complex matrix environment and work with other divisions and external groups to plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of a project life cycle from beginning to end.
Projects may vary in size, would typically be cross-functional in impact, and would often include some technology deliverables. The PM will be accountable for planning and executing projects by:
- Developing a project plan with milestones
- Identifying resources required
- Assembling the team and assigning duties to team members
- Understanding the scope of complexities within a project
- Composing a project budget
- Directing and managing of day to day assigned tasks
- Managing vendor and client relationships as required
The Value You Deliver
- Prepare project charter and develop detailed project plans including detailed scope statements schedule and budget estimates and baselines, resource plans, quality plans and success criteria
- Manage day to day project activities ensuring deliverables are met, risks are identified and
assessed, and issues are managed and resolved.
- Lead project team(s) in a matrix environment, clarifying roles and responsibilities, providing individual direction and feedback and ensuring required communication support is in place.
- Partner with PGO teams to ensure portfolio, program and project management standards, processes and procedures are adhered to.
- Implement and utilize reporting and control mechanisms, and in particular project change
management approach, to ensure the project's triple constraints (time, cost, performance: scope and quality) are well managed, and status and issues are reported to sponsors, executive sponsors and senior management on a timely basis.
- Ensure project post implementation reviews are planned and executed in compliance with our client’s standards
- Work with vendors, industry firms and business units to explore innovative business solutions with new technologies and alternative processes
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing complex business and technology projects, including work with 3rd party vendors
- PMP certification is an asset
- Systems development methodologies, standards, tools and technique
- Project management and development methodologies, practices/standards, tools and techniques
- Microsoft desktop productivity applications, including MS Project
- Experience in the Financial Services industry; experience with Trading systems and processes and Mutual fund industry and systems is an asset
- Experience with corporate technology systems (Corporate Finance, HR, Compliance) is an asset
- Ability to understand and communicate the broader picture to all stakeholders and demonstrate an understanding of stakeholder interests (both business and technical)
- Excellent communication, leadership, facilitation, negotiation, influence and customer relationship management skills
Please email resume in Word format to Shelley Hogan email@example.com