Our Client has more than 50 years experience in high-end residential design and construction creating unique designs with sophisticated finishes. Our client does custom homes renovations, additions and new builds. We are currently looking for a Construction project manager to over see projects from start to completion. Your salary will reflect your previous work experience and benefits are available after three months, parking and travel allowance.
- Manage and supervise the construction team over the full life cycle of development project
- Planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example. planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials: resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, construction contract administrator, estimators, and surveyors before construction work starts
- Establish best practice process and standard for development and home construction delivery
- On-site and off-site constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public, and the workforce
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for making the project happen including planning, budgeting, master and detailed scheduling
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverable and estimate costs
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Minimum 5 year of construction project management experience, working on low-rise residential subdivisions and/or luxury custom homes.
- BA/BS in engineering or construction management
- Knowledge of Tarion (new home warranty act), WSIB and Ontario Building Code.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Project, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point)
- New Star / Builder Trend knowledge and competence is an asset.
- Degree or diploma in construction project management or a construction related major preferred.
- Able to drive and has access to a vehicle.
- Ability to read and understand construction plan and drawings
- Construction Project Management: 5 years
- Custom Homes: 5 years
Job Type: Full-time
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com