Client is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. They provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and registered Portfolio Managers. Our client is developing industry leading advisor platform capabilities for independent Portfolio Managers and Broker Dealer firms. This development will focus on providing integrated service, productivity, and revenue growth tools through a web-based advisor platform. This role will be part of the technology team tasked with developing these exciting business technology solutions.
What Will You Do as a Director Development
Reporting to the VP of Technology
The position is located in Toronto, ON. There is an opportunity to telecommute with this role.
- Oversees platform application development and other internal development initiatives
Draws on in-depth knowledge of the business to provide business solutions by developing multifaceted software applications. This role is a recognized content expert and has experience in a variety of life cycle methodologies.
- Researches and recommends new technologies in support of the strategic direction of the business unit
Participates in the research and recommendation of appropriate models, methods, tools, and technologies to achieve business-unit-wide solutions.
- Provides leadership and makes decisions impacting ongoing platform development by modifying plans, approaches and processes to meet specific business deliverables
- Monitors and takes actions to mitigate operational and technical risks within the development lifecycle
- Makes presentations to clients on technology initiatives
- Builds, maintains and leverages relationships with internal partners (broader technology units) and external business partners to proactively identify, communicate and resolve situations that could impact technology solutions delivery to clients and key stakeholders. Coordination of vendor deliveries with internal development of platform and product solutions implementations.
- Reviews and oversees code of team of developers
- People Management - Supports and empowers an environment that inspires innovation and solution ownership.
- Evaluates individual and team effectiveness and proposes strategies for improvement. Culture Carrier – ensures we build and enhance our culture of employee engagement, accountability and client experience.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- University Degree in computer science or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum 10 years working experience in progressive senior technology roles within the Brokerage Securities Industry including
- 5 years within the Brokerage Securities Industry
- 5 or more years in a people management role
- Hands-on experience in leading developing web applications
- Expert and working level knowledge of Microsoft Technologies including C#, .NET framework using
- ASP. NET MVC, or Windows Forms using Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Library and Windows Communication Foundation
- Working knowledge of UX design principles for smart phones and/or tablets preferred is nice to have
- Working knowledge of application security design principles is nice to have
- Microsoft Certification (Visual Studio, Web Developer or Web Applications)
Applicants please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org