Legal Counsel required for this awesome opportunity! Up to 128K
Assistant Manager, Complaints and Compliance
Our client offers an excellent work environment and most importantly great work-life balance. This is a newly created role, Assistant Manager, Complaints and Compliance. If you have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in either corporate or private legal practice this may be the move you’ve been waiting for.
The Assistant Manager, Complaints & Compliance oversees staff in the accurate, timely and efficient intake, screening and routing of complaints, as well as the resolution of certain categories of complaints, and the disposition of complaints that fall outside the jurisdiction of our client. Provides guidance and support to staff administering licensee and non-licensee requirements mandated under this regulatory body relating to mobility permits and licensing applications, foreign legal consultant permits, and multi-discipline partnerships and affiliations. In addition, acts as a legal resource to all staff in the Complaints & Compliance department, and in the Client Service Centre, to assist in providing quality service to all clients in regulating the legal professions in Ontario.
The Assistant Manager, Complaints & Compliance requires a minimum of 7 to 10 years legal or regulatory experience, including practical legal experience and a level of knowledge of legal practice, in order to provide broad legal expertise and perspective to the Complaints & Compliance team and the Client Service Centre. Up to 5 years of experience should be in a leadership role, providing guidance and mentorship, and contributing to human resources decisions regarding professional and support staff. Customer service experience is preferred.
- Solid legal knowledge with respect to civil litigation, business associations, family, criminal, real estate, estates, corporate or other areas of practice ·
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in the legal profession and their practical application. ·
- Solid understanding of best practices with respect to employee relations, client service management processes, process design and financial/accounting resources ·
- Current awareness and training in alternative dispute resolution ·
- Proficiency in word processing and data base applications, e?mail, and the internet/intranets ·
- Superior analytical skills to interpret and reason through complex information ·
- Expressive and persuasive in both spoken and written language for individual and / or group situations ·
- Must be an LLB or JD, plus a Class L1 license with the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Please email resumes in Word format to Shelley Hogan email@example.com