Opportunity for Principal Data Architect with leading financial giant.
Purpose of Role
The Principal Data Architect provides data architecture expertise on key client business and IS. Initiatives and participates in the development of application systems and technical solutions, focusing on new/enhanced data structures. This includes database logical and physical design, BI design, and design and overview of data. They lead research, impact analysis, technology evaluations/selections, initial proof of concept, and the roll out of new tools and documented standards to IS development teams and functional areas, in the areas of enterprise data architecture, operational and database design, BI technology and processes.
This role is also accountable for the development and maintenance of data architecture, including development of data models and other data structures definitions, defining standards, ensuring data integrity, promoting conformity and compatibility, and reducing redundancies in data. The role requires interaction from time to time with the other business divisions within client organization.
- Governs definition, design, storage, maintenance, movement, and access of data. Acts as a liaison between the technical and business user communities for data requirements. Partners with client Canada technology partners.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of systems.
- Takes ownership of database and data structure movements design, and defines appropriate
technical solution for data accessibility and integrity.
- Develops, maintains and publish data models according to agreed standards.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory of databases, data classifications (subject areas) and data
- Identifies optimization and architectural conformance opportunities with respect to data integrity, redundancy.
- Defines data architecture standards related to data definitions, database design, storage,
maintenance, movement and access of data.
- Participate in client’s Enterprise architecture efforts, and ensure that standards align with enterprise Architecture blueprints and guidelines.
- Communicate Architecture standards and best practices to development and support teams
- Performs the primary data architect/designer role on client applications in partnership with development teams and other business divisions within client organization as required
- Provide technical data analysis, database, and BI expertise and advice on projects and technological initiatives.
- Performs design reviews regarding data architecture on projects.
- Participates in project and system changes to avoid data integrity and redundancy issues.
- Maintains effective collaboration with development teams and business team during the
- Assist developers to see the value of defined architecture and how to use it successfully.
- Identify knowledge gaps and conduct/coordinate/recommend training sessions on new technologies used on projects.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as data architect or similar role, preferably within the Canadian securities industry
- Minimum 8 years’ development experience with databases (Oracle, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience on Brokerage Securities, Wealth Management, Trading, and /or financial services is required
- Knowledge and experience with relevant solutions such as Dataphile is preferred
- University degree in computer engineering or computer science
- Relevant Certifications
- Strong data analysis, logical and physical database design skills, with thorough understanding on data architecture principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of data architecture, current and emerging technologies.
Applicants please share your resumes at email@example.com