Production Services Analyst - Trading Desk
Role and responsibilities
The Production Services Analyst will provide application first line support services for trading platforms used by investment management business users.
This role will support traders, portfolio managers, research analysts and investment operations staff in all international locations, including Canada, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo. The candidate will be expected to work on-call rotation and work in shifts (early morning, late evening and/or weekends).
- Systems Support and Service request management
- Incident, Problem & Change Management
- Troubleshoot production issues to find root causes
- Identify and drive the production changes required to bring stability to production environments.
- Review application releases and infrastructure changes
- Perform operational tasks such as morning checks to confirm application readiness for business use
- Provide application support to wide range of investment management business applications
- Manage support transition for new applications and functional changes from delivery teams
- Regularly communicate to business and technology stakeholders
- Ensure effective handovers take place to support team members in other locations.
- Communication and reporting: Work closely with the project manager and to understand and report regular status of assigned tasks.
- Identify, suggest and implement continual improvements through automation or process changes.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing or supporting IT applications in the financial services industry, ideally in investment banking and/or wealth management
- Hands on knowledge and experience supporting applications that use the following technologies:
- Oracle databases (Well versed with writing queries and stored procedures. Familiarity with other DB platforms will be an asset).
- Unix platforms/Unix shell scripting
- C# and Java/J2EE applications
- Enterprise messaging products (preferably MQ Series)
- Knowledge of trading investment management process and financial instruments
- Experience supporting order management systems, electronic trading and matching venues.
- FIX protocol including FIX messages for electronic trading
- Configuring and administering order management systems; Charles River IMS v9 preferred
- Experience in automating real time application monitoring
- Batch scheduling tools – Control-M, Autosys etc.
- DevOps and Agile delivery processes
- Validating and performing DR transitions
- Experience working with geographically disparate teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal direction.
- University degree preferably in Engineering or Computer Science
- Formal ITIL qualification preferred.
Applicants please send resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org