Dean Group - Toronto http://www.deangroup.ca
Senior Commercial Property Accountant
2017-09-15 Job ID: 13210 Type: RE-Real Estate & Property
SENIOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT required for leading residential developer/builder to handle full cycle accounting for several commercial properties throughout the GTA. Must have a sound understanding of joint venture partnership accounting requirements. Candidates must have experience in the following areas of accounting:
- Annual Tenant Cost Recovery Year Ends
- Preparation of CAM costs to include insurance, property taxes, and other recoverable expenses and schedules for tenant adjustments and billings.
- Bank reconciliations and follow up on outstanding items.
- Annual year ends, accrual, adjusting, amortization journal entries, working paper schedules, accurately analyze and reconcile accounts, variances, and draft financial statements.
- Experience in understanding, compliance and remittance for all government payroll requirements, sales (HST), corporate taxes and other government forms.
- A sound understanding and ability to interpret commercial lease documentation, amendments, renewals, assignments etc. You will download monthly rent rolls, reduce rent calculations, move-outs, tenant security deposit adjustments, and bad debt write-offs.
- Payroll - weekly/monthly, EFT direct deposit, must know payroll rules and remittances
- Experience and knowledge of A/R and A/P functions -- ability to give direction to staff on new areas and/or exceptions.
Candidates must have an accounting certification or working toward your CPA, five or more years of commercial property accounting experience, coupled with exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
If you have the required experience and you are looking to secure a senior accounting position with a successful and reputable home builder, please forward your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
"In our dealings with Dean Group, we have always been provided with quality personnel in a timely manner. It has always been a pleasure dealing with Dean for their expertise, personal commitment, and energy to meet our goals."- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment