Senior Corporate Tax Accountant required for a property and asset management company:
Our Client is a diversified real estate company focused on value enhancement and offers a competitive remuneration based on experience.
Main responsibilities will include:
- handle the accounting requirements for a portfolio of real estate investments to include corporate and personal investments.
- Ensure the Company complies with all tax legislation and that periodic reporting has been completed as required.
- Prepare Canadian corporate income tax returns.
- Investigate and interpret new accounting transactions with the Tax Manager to determine income tax implications.
- Assist with the identification of new transactions with non-arm's length foreign affiliates and determine appropriate Transfer Pricing methodology.
- Provide interpretation on new tax legislation, income tax treaties and foreign operations.
- Ensure all required supporting documentation has been maintained to support the Company's tax filing positions.
- Act as primary contact for all income tax audits.
- Act as a resource to internal departments to answer tax related questions
- Responsible for year-end financial statements and tax remittances related to multiple companies and related investments including other corporate accounting responsibilities
Related Skills and Experience
- Must have experience in Canadian and US tax filings.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise independent judgment in planning, scheduling and setting priorities.
- University Degree in Finance, Economics or Business and several years(5-7) of directly related work experience in taxation or finance/accounting.
- Accounting designation required.
Qualified Candidates are invited to forward their Resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org