Contract job - 6months
Job Location - Toronto, ON
Qualification and skills required
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills with PC operating systems (specifically Windows XP and Windows 7), computer hardware repair, and device connectivity (TCP/IP, network adapter configuration).
• Solid understanding of network (WAN, LAN, VPN) and telephony systems.
• Working knowledge of enterprise software tools such as Lotus Notes, MS Office and Internet Explorer.
• Proven customer experience and practiced communication skills, both orally and written.
• Technical education and training resulting in a certification (product-specific, vendor-specific, or technical courses) in any area of support for personal computers including: computer operating systems, computer hardware repair, PC configuration.
• Minimum 1-2 years of field support experience in either: end user support, software support, computer hardware configuration and/or repair, Help Desk / Service Desk support.
• Experience interacting and working with third-level technicians/engineers and external vendors a plus. Demonstrated experience managing competing demands and working in fast-paced environment.
• Provide Level 2 On-Site Support for all reported end user related incidents.
• The resource will further diagnose a client-reported problem associated with End User Computing services (desktop, laptop, printer, peripherals, enterprise applications) that has been escalated from Level 1 (Service Desk/Front Line Technical Support), delivering prompt follow-up and updates for incident tickets.
• Provide inventory control and lifecycle asset management for end user computing devices.
• He will be required to effectively manage inventory control system, participate in inventory integrity audits and reviews, prepare detailed reports for inventory validation, and execute asset procurement activities.
• Execute PC refresh strategy. He will organize desktop and notebook hardware refresh activity for end users and execute these refreshes in accordance with pre-determined timeline.
• This requires coordinating and scheduling the refresh work activity to meet end user availability and following established procedures for hardware device refresh to include configuration of standard desktops/notebooks and peripherals.
• Process and deliver upon client service request for Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes, & Deletes.
• He will execute these service request types in accordance with established service delivery response targets.
• This requires scheduling the work associated with the request in conjunction with other business priorities and client availability for service delivery.
• Participate in key software and hardware deployment projects.
• He will work as part of broader technology initiatives and implementations sponsored by other areas of Enterprise Services, playing a service deployment role for those major implementations.
• Manage and maintain On Site Support procedures and operational documentation.
Interested applicants please send your resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org