COMMERCIAL PROJECT MANAGER required for leading real estate investment company in the GTA to oversee a number of retrofit and new build projects from concept through to turn key. Great opportunity for the person that likes to be involved in the overall permit process, design and build out. It is a mid-size company with a small team who work collectively and collaboratively together.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with architects, builders, consultants and municipal/governmental authorities;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with various groups;
- Maintain appropriate records of correspondences, drawings, reports, approvals, permits etc. for each project;
- Prepare, monitor, and tracks development schedules and project milestones;
- Conduct property research included but not limited to planning reviews and reports (zoning, Official Plan, Committee of Adjustment), Ontario Municipal Board decisions, Heritage status, development application fees, property roll assessments and etc.
- Prepare contracts, leases, negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with consultant team, municipalities, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors and manage consultant team to ensure required services are provided;
- Perform property management duties as required;
- Accurately prepare agenda and minutes for internal and external meetings to track project progress as well and on-going responsibilities and deadlines;
- Administration as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A college degree or University equivalent in a related field – planning, engineering, land development;
- Self-motivated, detail minded with the ability to handle multiple inputs;
- Team player, strong communication and listening skills;
- Creative, opportunity seeker with business acumen an asset;
- Must be able to be effective working independently;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the construction industry is an asset.
Please forward your Resume in the strictest of confidence to: Lbagin@deangroup.ca.