Fundraising Development Manager
Location: Downtown Toronto
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a great cause that gives so much back to the community. The Fundraising Development Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of new fundraising initiatives as well as managing existing revenue streams and programs to strategically drive fund growth. The Manager provides leadership and guidance to the Foundation's Board of Trustees, the Toronto Program's Fundraising Committee and acts as a subject matter expert providing guidance and recommendations and to lead volunteers of the various Programs with respect to fundraising best practices and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) policies and guidelines for registered charities. The Manager contributes to the planning and implementation of Program activities to maximize individual and corporate donor support. The incumbent will also work closely with lead volunteers in coordinating administrative aspects of the Program's execution including marketing and communications. The Manager supports the Fundraising Committee of the Foundation in its fundraising and stewardship obligations. In this role you will act as an ambassador of the programs throughout the community positively representing the foundation. You will also work closely with lead volunteers in coordinating administrative aspects of the program’s execution including marketing and communications initiatives.
Salary Range 95-100k Plus Pension Plan
- An undergraduate degree in an applicable discipline. A post-graduate qualification in a related field or being a Certified Fundraising Executive are considered assets.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience working in a senior fundraising position within the not for profit sector, including extensive knowledge and experience related to building donor relationships as well as experience working with a Board and Committees of the Board.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices with respect to fundraising and donor stewardship.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to navigate complex relationships with Foundation and Program stakeholders and donors.
- Solid management skills and demonstrated diplomacy to effectively manage volunteers involved in program delivery and/or fundraising.
- Ability to work independently in a creative and resourceful manner, with minimal direction, in a deadline-oriented collaborative environment.
- In-depth knowledge of CRA regulations, policies and guidelines applicable to registered charities.
- Ability to act as main point of contact for coordination of volunteer activity.
- Ability to passionately represent the Foundation with a professional presence necessary for donor relations.
- Thorough understanding of financial data and basic understanding of accounting required.
- Prior experience with donor management software database required.
- Experience with programs required for the preparation of proposals, reports and presentations.
Please forward resumes in Word format to Shelley Hogan email@example.com