87 Orenda Road Brampton, ON L6W 1V7
Industrial Millwright Position
The successful candidate will report directly to the Maintenance Superintendent and will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary. Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must have a valid Ontario Industrial Mechanic License (Red Seal C of Q).
- Must have full set of metric standard tools.
- Exposure with mechanical devices, pneumatic controls and welding/cutting.
- Must have at least 3 years; experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to work shifts as well as some extended hours and weekends.
- Qualified applicants will have good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand 70-90% of the shift
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
Please forward your resume to Cosmas Aberika: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being considered for this position, thank you.