Dean Group - Toronto http://www.deangroup.ca
Lean Manufacturing Engineer
Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7
2018-06-26 2018-09-16 Job ID: 14818 Type: ML-Manufacturing & Logistics
Our client is a tier 1 aviation company seeking to recruit a Lean Manufacturing Engineer in Cambridge, Ontario. The salary offered is in the range of CAD 70-90K per annum+Benefits.
Analyze operations processes and use a data based approach to deliver improvements in safety, quality, velocity, and cost. Use process knowledge, product flow analysis, statistical analysis, Lean tools, and value engineering to develop, design, and implement solutions to operations’ challenges.
· Support and enforce strict safety observance in accordance with OSHA and safety guidelines and actively participate in proactive safety measures to remove hazards from the workplace and ensuring team members act in a safe manner at all times.
· Comprehend the entire Manufacturing Engineering function including processes, products, and systems. Utilize this knowledge to effectively execute improvement projects within operations and to work with other functions (Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement, Sourcing, Sales, etc) to implement required improvements.
· Evaluate current processes, identify improvement opportunities, and make required improvements to equipment and/or processes to achieve desired results.
· Develop and continuously improve upon standard manufacturing procedures which operations is to follow. Support supervision to ensure these procedures are enforced.
· Support the identification of potential capital investments in alignment with business goals. Analyze required data to clearly write capital requests and cross-functionally manage the capital project process from inception through implementation.
· Develop and support the continuous improvement/Lean vision for the Focus Factory by working cross-functionally to execute the vision.
· Demonstrate the capacity to lead continuous improvement events and to utilize Lean tools (The Toyota Production System, Theory of Constraints, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, SMED, VSM, etc.) to deliver safety, quality, velocity and cost improvements.
· Mentor others on continuous improvement methods and processes to establish a culture where tools and methods are utilized in a standard way to deliver improvements
· Exercise care in managing the interests of external and internal customers to ensure that their requirements and expectations are met or exceeded.
· Support supervisors and managers in managing labor hours and costs to meet or exceed budget expectations. Work with managers and finance to establish project metrics to track success.
· Support the plant quality system and quality control efforts to reduce non-conformances and maintain a quality driven culture.
· Coordinate the training of new employees on process and equipment changes.
· Maintain effective relationships with all employees in accordance with the company values, policies, and procedures.
· Undertake any other duties or tasks as reasonably required
Education/Certification: Bachelor’ s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent (Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, etc).
Experience Required: 3-5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience. CNC machining knowledge is a plus. Experience in an Engineer is a plus. 3 years of demonstrated ability to use lean tools to drive organization effectiveness.
Please apply with a copy of your resume in Word format quoting the Job Tittle in the subjectline to Ruchika Kohli on firstname.lastname@example.org
"In our dealings with Dean Group, we have always been provided with quality personnel in a timely manner. It has always been a pleasure dealing with Dean for their expertise, personal commitment, and energy to meet our goals."- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment