Dean Group - Toronto http://www.deangroup.ca http://www.deangroup.ca USD 68000 YEAR
TORONTO, ON M5J 2T9
2019-04-24 2019-06-21 Type: OS - Admin & Corporate Services Job Number: 15432
Our client, a prestigious law firm in Downtown Toronto is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant-Litigation!
She/he would be assisting 2 lawyers - specializing in municipal law & corporate commercial litigation.
• Independently manage the daily operation of two very busy Partners within the Litigation Department
• Assist in the preparation and completion of various commercial litigation and arbitration documentation such as motion records, pleadings, notices, affidavits, affidavits of documents, bill of costs, cost outlines, writs of seizure and sale and correspondence
• Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients, as well as with various courts and opposing counsel
• Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
• Calendar management including arranging meetings
• The ability to be flexible to the changing demands of the job
Qualifications or Skills Required:
• Minimum of five years’ Litigation legal experience
• Successful completion of a post-secondary level legal assistant or law clerk course
• Superior knowledge of various courts and the Rules of Civil Procedure
• Strong technical skills using MS Office 2013 and ACL (Automated Civil Litigation)
• Some knowledge of BigHand would be an asset. Must know/Willing to learn Dicta.
• Extremely organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail and in dealing with matters containing voluminous documents
• Ability to take initiative, be proactive, prioritize, problem solve and multitask
• Flexible, team player that is client service oriented
Work Timing-9-5pm/Downtown Toronto
Interested candidates may forward resume to Ruchika Kohli on firstname.lastname@example.org
"In our dealings with Dean Group, we have always been provided with quality personnel in a timely manner. It has always been a pleasure dealing with Dean for their expertise, personal commitment, and energy to meet our goals."- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment