SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CONSTRUCTION LOW RISE RESIDENTIAL required for residential builder in the GTA required to manage the day to day project team and projects. Our Client is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual with the construction project management experience and sound business acumen to assume this leadership role within the organization. In this very important position, you will be responsible for:
- Directing a project team consisting of contract management, procurement, materials estimator, dÃ©cor changes and extraâ€™s as well as relevant site personnel and construction contractors. The manager is responsible for the staff duties as it relates to specific job functions as well as ensuring that all transactions are handled properly. You will fulfill all requirements of construction management as defined in details of the job tasks.
- Create and maintain Budgets for all assigned construction projects, to include actual home construction hard and soft costs and all other project related costs.
- Provide input to the home and site design process and ensure all content of design drawings are accounted for in the budget.
- Track project design changes as they occur and ensure that Budgets are current.
- Monitor all costs in relation to approved budgets and report any deviations.
- Oversee and approve the tendering process for all materials required for the project as well as qualification of sub-contractors.
- Approve tender list and ensure final material costs are updated into Newstar.
- Work with the dÃ©cor manager and project consultants on the selection , pricing and cost of approved project dÃ©cor items.
- Ensure that the â€œ DÃ©cor â€œproduct Library in Newstar is maintained and current for each home model in assigned projects.
- Direct the preparation of building permits, permit drawings, engineering and the permit application process.
- Work closely with the VP Construction on the start up and site mobilization.
- Ensure that the site has all required documents essential to start up and construction.
- Provide project management and administration through effective communication with the site management and contractors to address any concerns, problems as they occur.
- Ensure that established â€œ best practicesâ€ are being followed in home construction and process.
- Monitor performance of trades, contractors through regular site visits and meetings.
- Maintain project files and documents to meet project requirements.
- Manage all reporting required for assigned projects.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in the residential construction industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Newstar (REMS)
- Proven management skills contract management, procurement, cost estimating, construction scheduling and construction process management.
- Strong planning, documentation and time management skills
Please forward your Resume in Confidence to: email@example.com. We thank all applicants who respond to this posting. Only those with the required experience will be contacted. Great opportunity, great company, great team!