Payroll Specialist/ Not for Profit/Downtown!
Payroll Specialist / Not for Profit / Toronto Top Employer!
Our client, a prestigious and successful Professional Association situated right downtown, is adding to their friendly team of 3 in their Payroll department.
This will be a permanent role with a pension plan and great benefits! Salary 50-55k. You will support the administration of 3 separate payrolls, and process expense claims for Senior staff. The position also involves the preparation of reports for Executive staff and the entire Finance team. You should be a strong verbal communicator and be able to prepare business correspondence to internal employees.
All candidates will complete a written English assessment to determine language proficiency.
- Processing of the payroll, administration of retirements, parental leave, terminations, salary increases, and T4s.
- Preparation of journals for posting to sub-ledger and general ledgers and uploads into financial systems.
- Reviewing and processing of expense claims of employees and updating their attendance tracking database used to support reporting to the Audit & Finance Committee.
- Reacting professionally while handling Executive staff expense reimbursement, and provide both verbal and written explanations as appropriate.
- Liaising with service providers such as third-party payroll services, benefit carriers, and Auditor and Finance departments to inquire or resolve issues.
- Preparation of required reporting for the Audit & Finance Committee, and ad hoc reporting requests from Senior Management and other Committees.
- A college diploma or university degree in business or accounting, plus near completion of the Canadian Payroll Association’ s Payroll Manager Certificate program.
- 3+ years of previous related experience in a computerized payroll and benefits administration environment, with solid understanding of general accounting functions.
- Solid understanding of payroll processes and relevant legislation, benefits administration, source deduction and government remittance procedures.
- General understanding of general accounting functions, including GAAP / CICA guidelines, accounts payable and financial reporting.
- You must be a highly client focused person who can investigate and resolve employee questions, and who stays informed on all payroll legislation and CRA requirements.
- Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
Interested candidates may forward a resume to Martha Orr email@example.com