Plant Accountant (Costing, Snr Accounting Operations)
Provides cost analysis results to assist senior management in decision making or other financial initiatives.
Performs variance analysis between actual and standard costs. Monitors, analyzes and reports on inventory
valuation, production and various other costs. Performs general ledger accounting, journal entries, account
reconciliation, gross margin reporting, management reporting, and balancing of departmental accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Detailed understanding of costing process, analyzes monthly manufacturing costs variances in production and inventory
• Increase profit improvement initiatives working closely with management and production teams.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information, prepares journal entries to document business transactions.
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
• Assist in preparation/review of capital expenditures
• Assist in areas of client billing and transactional processes
• Assist in month end closes, year-end audits, and annual operating budgets
• Assist in Payroll, AP, AR
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field
• CPA Designation (CMA, CGA)
• 5-10 years’ experience in a snr accounting role in manufacturing
• 3-5 years exposure to accounting in Print or Packaging Manufacturing Environment
• Experience with ERP systems use
• Experience with Sage and related Accounting systems
• PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
• Detail oriented, reliable, dependable, adaptable to change, team collaborator
• Excellent communication, relationship building and conflict resolution skills
• Business judgment, decision-making, Ingenuity and creative problem solving skills
• Good project management skills, work for a team effort, independently
• Analytical, results oriented, continually improve processes
Please send your resume to email@example.com