Dean Group - Toronto http://www.deangroup.ca USD 80000 YEAR
Chicago, IL 60601
2018-09-25 2018-11-17 Type: FE-Financial Services Job Number: 15020
Our client a major Bank is seeking to recruit senior Analyst, reporting to the Director of Liquidity and Funding Risk Management, this role is responsible for providing liquidity and funding analysis to support the 2nd line of defence for liquidity and funding risks across the US geography. This individual will need to develop a comprehensive understanding of the balance sheet and the embedded liquidity risks along with the relevant existing and pending regulatory expectations in these areas. Additionally, this individual will need to be aware of industry leading practice as it pertains to risk analysis in these areas and be able to leverage that knowledge as part of the 2nd line of defence mandate.
The role requires significant interaction and a close working relationship with Corporate Treasury, the Business Lines, and other groups in the Market Risk Department.
1. Develop understanding of US Balance sheet and its inherent liquidity and funding risks and perform the 2nd line of defense capabilities in this space.
2. Develop understanding of data flows and systems used to calculate liquidity measures and provide challenge as appropriate.
3. Highlight key risks and provided informed challenge in all relevant forums including US ALCO.
4. Assess appropriateness of the modeling assumptions used to model liquidity risk (deposit run-off, etc.).
5. Stay current with relevant Bank Holding Company, FBO, Bank and Broker Dealer regulatory requirements and help ensure the risk management program is meeting regulatory expectations. This will include interacting with regulators on a regular basis.
Cross functional relationships include Line of Business, Corporate Treasury and Market Risk
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Desired but not required, knowledge and experience with liquidity risk issues, methodologies, and applicable regulations
Nice to have: CFA or CPA candidate or designation
· Strong understanding of the banking industry, bank balance sheets and income statement dynamics.
· Exceptional analytical skills.
· Strong ability to address and resolve complex or abstract problems.
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to distill key issues from extensive information.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work accurately in a very time sensitive environment.
· Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Please share your CV with Ruchika Kohli with job title in the subjectline on email@example.com
"In our dealings with Dean Group, we have always been provided with quality personnel in a timely manner. It has always been a pleasure dealing with Dean for their expertise, personal commitment, and energy to meet our goals."- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment