Title - Solutions Architect - Permanent Role
Job Location - Toronto, ON
Immediate requirement for Solutions Architect role with one of our top clients in Canada.
Role and responsibilities
- Creates a visionary architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align Business and IT; leads and facilitates the design and implementation of technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture
- Defines the architecture principles, standards and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data and technology within the Bank
- Creates and manages the various key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and scope
- Partners with broader stakeholders in technology and business in defining architecture possibilities and futures
- Works with Business and development teams in recommending process or system design and enhancement
- Provides input into the preparation of business case
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to pro-actively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound and well-integrated
- Analyzes and designs viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provide sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on Technology and Enterprise budget.
- Provides immediate response to critical production program wide problems. Presents and evaluates alternatives, coordinating and ensuring resolution.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures
- Proactively identifies and implements strategies to improve reliability, leveraging automation wherever possible.
- Seeks to integrate digital methods for agile, rapid prototyping, and for customer involvement.
- Leverages metrics and analytics to gain insight for planning, design and management to facilitate the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Designs and oversees implementation of end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Develops a deep understanding of organizational complexity to build strong rapport with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Actively participates and contributes to future Infrastructure Releases and Middleware/Hub.
- Ensures the tactical implementation of the computing styles and architecture.
- Creates and maintains current state of architecture in his/her area which includes:
- Provides architectural expertise & domain knowledge to advise & guide senior leaders
- Actively participates in architecture governance meetings (may be as a non-voting member)
- Actively participates in setting technical direction of the styles of computing
- Actively participates in checkpoint and design reviews
- 7-10 years of work experience in IT or business environment
- BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Deep technical and system-level expertise in one or more technology areas.
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision.
- Sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer’s business processes.
- project management methodology
- Understands the strategic technical direction of:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Systems Mgmt.
- Enterprise Data & Access Layers
- Pertinent Styles of computing
- Proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
Interested applicants please share your resume at email@example.com