Dean Group - Toronto http://www.deangroup.ca http://www.deangroup.ca USD 35.94 HOUR
Sr. Decision Supoprt Analyst
Gordon Street Whitby, ON L1N 5S9
2019-04-12 2019-05-21 Type: AF - Accounting & Finance Job Number: 15408
We are currently hiring for a Senior Decision Support Analyst for a Healthcare client based in Whitby for a period of 6months.
Experience working in Health Care sector is required.
The Senior Decision Support Analyst will work collaboratively with the project team, provincial Project Manager, and representation from the other hospital partners.
Reporting to Manager, Decision Support, with indirect reporting relationship to the Project Leads. The position will be responsible for contributing to the development of a comprehensive provincial approach focused on the definition and measurement of wait times. The Senior Analyst will work with multiple areas within the organization to facilitate participation in the provincial wait time measurement initiative.
The incumbent will lead and/or contribute to indicator definition, data extraction, data analysis, and communications for the organization related to provincial wait times activity. The incumbent will contribute to other related reporting and analytics work as required.
The incumbent will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications Required and Preferred
• Bachelor’ s degree in statistics, epidemiology, health care management, health systems research with emphasis or other related field. Master’ s degree preferred.
• Certification in Health Information Management (CHIM) (2-year program)
• Demonstrated quantitative research, and analytical skills, including knowledge syntheses and report preparation and writing;
• Experience in creating, analyzing or managing patient data and/or decision support tools is required;
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, construct, interpret, explain and present data crisply and cogently to senior executives and non-technical audiences;
• Knowledge of statistical techniques, collection, analysis and processing of data;
• Experience working in the healthcare sector is required. Experience working in mental health is an asset;
• Demonstrated computer and statistical skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAS or SPSS);
• Proficiency with various databases used to capture information in various health sectors including: Hospital databases (e.g. CIHI NACRS, OMHRS); provincial/regional data repositories (e.g. Access to Care) and Hospital standards including ICD-10CA, RAI Mental Health, SCIPP, MIS Guidelines preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of Ontario mental health-care system and issues;
• 5+ years’ experience analyzing health care data. Experience working with electronic health record data and mental health data are strong assets.
• Project management experience considered an asset
• Proven track record developing strong relationships with stakeholder
• Demonstrated ability to find the best approach or solution to highly diverse challenges and have the ability to adapt and manage changing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, particularly as they relate to the explanation of complex systems to a broader audience.
Pay Rate Offered -$35/hour
Please share your resume with Ruchika Kohli on firstname.lastname@example.org
"In our dealings with Dean Group, we have always been provided with quality personnel in a timely manner. It has always been a pleasure dealing with Dean for their expertise, personal commitment, and energy to meet our goals."- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment