HR Generalist / Not For Profit
130 Queen Street West Osgoode Hall TORONTO, ON M5H 2N6
HR Generalist – 1 Year Contract – Not for - Profit 64K
We are currently looking for an HR Generalist for our client, a leader in the not-for-profit sector. In this exciting role you will support a variety of HR initiatives with a focus on HRIS, Time and Attendance and general employee inquiries. You will provide excellent customer service while answering general employee queries, administering HR systems, such as payroll and Time and Attendance, employee confirmation letters, processing employee records etc. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Human Resources or related field and a CHRP designation ideally coupled with 5 years’ HR experience. Experience with Time and Attendance systems, ideally Synerion Direct would be an definite asset as well as proficiency with HRIS systems, ideally Ceridian’ s Latitude and Dayforce. Strong MS office is a must along with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Our client offers an excellent work environment and an opportunity to work with a strong and progressive HR team.
- Administers and ensures the integrity of HR systems through ongoing maintenance and regular data audits.
- Provides ongoing support to the HR team and organization to ensure data accuracy and integrity and has a thorough understanding of the HR systems’ functionality and processes.
- Produces and analyzes various reports, including organizational metrics related to headcount, turnover, employee demographics and recruitment, by consolidating data from different platforms into meaningful presentations.
- Engages in continuous improvement (work processes, procedures, and service opportunities) to optimize both individual and team performance. Acts as a subject-matter expert within the Human Resources team as well as other departments across the organization in HR/Payroll-related systems administration.
- Monitors and assists in improving and implementing new HR processes and systems through comprehensive analysis, research and recommendations.
- Provides specific recommendations and options to ensure compliance by benchmarking best Human Resources practices and relevant employment legislation. Ensures the timely and accurate processing of payroll and attendance information, including status and employee changes, liaising with other departments to ensure that payroll information is up to date.
Prepares cheque and purchase order requisitions, and processes and reconciles benefits invoices Is a proactive member of the Human Resources team, providing assistance and contributing knowledge in order to ensure accuracy, timeliness and quality in client service delivery.
Interested candidates may forward a resume to Shelley Hogan firstname.lastname@example.org