Line Production Leader
Line Production Leader(Concord)
Shift: Straight Afternoon or Night
Pay rate:$27 an hour
Our client, an automotive company into moulding is looking for a Line Production leader. Primary responsibilities: to restore flow, identify problems, and to correct problems.
The Line Leader must also protect the work centre from variation affecting Quality, Costs, Production/Schedule adherence and Maintenance. The position is a non-hierarchical role which performs production duties and provides support in the form of direction, guidance, relief, training, problem resolution and encouragement to personnel within the work centre. The Line Leader co-ordinates activities to ensure all standards are maintained and quality, costs, production/schedule and maintenance requirements are met.
Scope of work:
Supervises the work of employees within a work unit. Coordinates the work of others including the assignment of tasks.
1. Lead and communicate all issues in pre-shift and cross shift meetings
2. Oversee employee job rotation and distribution of work assignments and provide guidance to team member
3. Ensure each Team Member is performing standardized work
4. Follow maintenance procedures for all machines
5. Assist in coordinating and performing routine changeovers and set-up activities according to production schedule and customer requirements
6. Assist supervisor with overtime scheduling
7. Conduct daily Layered Process Audits (LPA) and implement corrective actions when required
8. Conduct SPC checks and first offs as per customer requirements
9. Ensure standardized work compliance from all team members including performing error proof checks
10. Assist with training and orientation of new employees and maintain the training matrix
11. Complete end of shift reporting and ensure work area is standard for next shift
12. Participate in and comply with the continuous improvement ideas
13. Follow appropriate internal and external escalation procedures whenever a risk to customer occurs
14. Involve team to ensure continuous improvement in yield, utilization, labour efficiency, cost reductions 5S, safety and quality
15. Maintain all visual displays pertaining to performance measures, team information, quality and safety
16. Provide break relief and fill-in for team member and other line leaders when required
17. Perform weekly workplace safety inspections and 5S audits.
18. Perform all job duties in a safe, healthful and environmentally conscious manner, abiding by all rules and regulations as outlined in the Employee Handbook
19. Other duties as assigned
Educational Qualification & Experience:
* Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
* Minimum 3 years related work experience in automotive manufacturing required
* Ability to provide guidance, coaching/mentorship to team members
* Computer literate (MS Office-Word, Excel, Outlook)
Please apply to Ruchika Kohli on firstname.lastname@example.org