2429 Bowman St, Innisfil, ON L9S 3V6
Job Title: Millwright
Reporting Positions: Maintenance Supervisor
Installs, maintains and repairs industrial machinery and mechanical equipment and keeps accurate, timely records.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Maintaining and repairing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, inspecting and investigating defects and malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing machinery or replacing defective parts.
- Making suggestions for potential improvements.
- Following preventative maintenance work orders and completing in a timely fashion, keeping maintenance records
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices as necessary during the repair of machinery
- Working independently and with others to solve mechanical and technical problems
- Communicating, persuading, and explaining to others what needs to be done
- Working accurately with numbers, and on occasion doing basic drawings of machine parts
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Using welding equipment, hand and power tools as necessary
- Maintaining clean, safe and organized operations.
- Suggesting improvements to processes, policies
- Contributing to the development of preventive maintenance plans
- Oversight of contractors
- Following strict compliance to safety rules and procedures while on the premises.
- Complying with all legal requirements of the local governing laws.
- Keeping accurate and timely records for possible Ministry of Labour inquiries.
- Recommend participation and/or enrolment in educational activities, workshops, and seminars, which contribute to a program of self-improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Trade certified or eligible for; completion of millwright or welder fabricator apprenticeship.
- Five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of mixing and formulating processes is beneficial. Knowledge of bucket elevators, screw conveyors, rotating equipment, ball mills, classifiers, and pumps. Knowledge of pneumatics and compressors.
- Skill competencies include computer, problem-solving, analysis, communications, strong interpersonal skills. Strong electrical knowledge a benefit.
- WHMIS, Crane, Fall Arrest, Confined Space, Forklift training are assets. MIG and Stick welding.
- Physically fit, able to wear all PPE, perform some heavy lifting.
- Rotating shift position (but would begin on day shift)
Interested candidates, please forward resume to Cosmas Aberika - email@example.com